Onward NRV 2018-2019 Annual Report
This year Onward NRV has been working hard to build collaborative partnerships and market the assets and strengths of the NRV. With the support and investment from our 115 investors, we were able to successfully transition into executing year one of the five-year strategy, Onward 2023. Our 2018-2019 Annual Report showcases some of our key projects we have implemented in order to reach our goals.
Here are just a few highlights form the 2018-19 Annual Report:New Jobs and Investment…
- New and expanding companies in the NRV announced 1,514 new jobs and $406 MM in new capital investment
- Responded to 43 new prospects (+17) and executed 13 outbound marketing trips, 6 inbound familiarization tours, and supported 15 prospect visits
- Executed content marketing strategy to market Virginia’s New River Valley that included 104 blogs posts (+33). We had 40k website visits (+22k) and our social media posts were engaged 19k times (+6k) via likes, shares, retweets, etc.
- Produced and launched the Virginia’s New River Valley video which has been viewed +120k times
- Hosted inaugural industry hub summits to begin engaging with local manufacturers and IT companies to establish the NRV as a hub for those industries. A total of 45 leaders attended the summits with 100% of post summit survey respondents indicating they would attend future summits
- Grew to 115 investing organizations (+17), hosted four premier investor events that were attended by a total of 402 people (+48), and launched the online business resource guide to showcase our investors
- We executed the organization’s first formalized, five-year fundraising campaign. We surpassed our $1.5 MM private sector goal which enables us to execute the five-year strategy
Read the full 2018-2019 Annual Report for more details.
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!