https://www.onwardnrv.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/AugustSummit-copy-copy.png 800 1280 Onward New River Valley https://www.onwardnrv.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Onward_FinalLogo-trim.png Onward New River Valley2019-08-22 09:52:522020-08-06 15:10:56Onward NRV Hosts 2nd Economic Vitality Summit
Virginia’s New River Valley – Last week, Onward NRV hosted the 2nd Economic Vitality Summit at Radford University. Economic leaders from all across the New River Valley were invited to participate and share updates and ideas on how to help the region prosper. The purpose of the summits is to promote collaboration within the NRV by bringing key partners in the economic development realm together twice a year to encourage communication and identify areas of common interest. Key economic development partners invited to participate in the NRV Economic Vitality Summit included:
###Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly-skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
- Chambers of Commerce (Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Radford)
- Community Foundation of the New River Valley
- Blacksburg Partnership
- GO Virginia
- Economic Development Officials (Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, Radford, Blacksburg, Christiansburg)
- New River Community College Workforce Development
- New River/Mt. Rogers Workforce Investment Board
- New River Valley Regional Commission
- Radford University Economic Development
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council
- Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center
- Tourism Offices (Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Radford)
- Valleys Innovation Council
- Virginia Tech Office of Economic Development
- Changing the conversation within communities about eduction and training to help promote a variety of career fields.
- Updates on the status of the NRVRC Housing Study.
- Working with transit systems to get students who are working to and from their jobs.
- Hotel and conference space availability across the region.