Onward NRV is excited to welcome new board directors and officers who will help continue to move onward as we work together to grow Virginia’s New River Valley! The board is made up of thought-leaders and community stakeholders that are passionate about the New River Valley. They are committed to improving the economic development landscape in the region and work hard to bring industry expertise to the table while simultaneously representing the best interests of the communities.
Each year Onward NRV opens the floor to current investors who may be interested in serving on the organization’s Board of Directors. We received an overwhelming response and feel fortunate to have had such a bountiful pool of applicants. Twenty-three investors submitted their application to join the board. After a thorough review by the Governance & Nominations Committee (GNC), a slate of seventeen nominees were presented to the Board of Directors. At the May 15th board meeting, the Board officially accepted and elected the candidates for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2019.
Of the seventeen elected members, we are delighted to have five new representatives serving on the Board of Directors, in addition to the twelve returning members.NEW BOARD MEMBERS:
- April DeMotts | Montgomery County Board of Supervisors
- Alan Fabian | LewisGale Montgomery
- John Gardener | Branch Builds
- Brian Lubin | 1901 Group
- Amanda Miller | Lawrence Companies
- RETURNING BOARD MEMBERS:
- Jon Beegle | Floyd County EDA
- Scott Blankenship | Director of Facility Support Services for Carilion Clinic
- Keith Boyd | Director of Land Development at Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
- John Cox | CEO of Radford University Foundation
- Basil Edwards | Operations Director for Radford City
- Christopher Lawrence | Deputy Town Manager for Town of Blacksburg
- Thomas Loflin | Montgomery County EDA Chair
- Terri Morris | Floyd County Administrator
- Craig Parrent | Commercial Banking Regional Executive at Atlantic Union Bank
- Dennis Reece | COO & AGM of Citizens Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
- Abram Williams | City of Radford IDA
- Randy Wingfield | Town Manager for Town of Christiansburg
Every two years the Board of Directors also conducts elections to the Executive Committee. Based on the slate of candidates proposed by the GNC, the Board of Directors also elected their2019-2021 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE & OFFICERS:
- Dennis Reece, Chair | COO & AGM of Citizens Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
- Scott Blankenship, Vice-Chair | Director of Facility Support Services for Carilion Clinic
- Joseph Guthrie, Treasurer | Pulaski County Board of Supervisors
- Cora Gnegy, Secretary | Tourism & Marketing Director for Giles County
- Keith Boyd, Officer | Director of Land Development at Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
- April DeMotts, Officer | Montgomery County Board of Supervisors
- Basil Edwards, Officer | Operations Director for Radford City
- Vince Hatcher, Officer | Site Manager at Hollingsworth & Vose
- Terri Morris, Officer | Floyd County Administrator
- Mark Woolwine, Officer | Partner at Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
You can find a list of all 32 members on our Board of Directors HERE.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly-skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.